Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pronounced "FEE"

Backstory:

Squeaker and I were doing some "Preschool" work. I had him write letters, tell me the sound, and then we thought of words that started with that letter. So, we came to "f". He starts making the "ffff.." sound, then pops out with "Fee". I said, there is no such thing as a "fee" as I didn't think he knew what "fee" actually meant and was just making sounds. I was right. BUT, the clever little boy says, "yah... a fee is a bug". So, I asked if he meant "flea"... no, he really meant "fee" for "real live" (as he likes to say). So I proceeded to ask about this so called "fee". He went into great detail. Then after a few other letters, I said we were done and he asked if he could draw a "fee" for me. Please see below. He wrote the word "fee" by sounding it out.... "ff uh ee" FUE. Okay then! Just because I can't see them, doesn't mean they don't exist, right?


FUE: "A bug that loves to live in haunted houses. If you hold them and shake them all around, they will "puff" and make your hands all black. The arms are tentacles to grab you, kick you, or bite you."

No comments: