Buying a house is stressful. I don't remember it being this stressful last time. But then again, that was 6 years ago and pre-kids. I guess there is a lot more to worry about now. And, I guess ignorance was bliss at that point, too. Now, we know much much more (but not nearly enough) and we hope that we are still happy with our decision in about 1 year. So, here is the mini update, because that is really all I can provide given that I have a 2 year old who is managing to do everything BUT sleep (including figuring out how to ascend the bunk bed without a ladder -- not an easy task), tons of forms to complete for the mortgage and escrow companies, cleaning, and putting my feet up to do before the end of the day.
* 2 houses have now been reduced to 1 house
* Home inspection completed and the laundry list has been created
* Escrow is to close in less than a month and it seems like there is still a lot that needs to be completed by then
* Move? Seriously... you want us to MOVE? Again?????
* Woo Hoo, we are finally buying a house!!!
Seems that soon we'll be able to get ready for that lucky 3rd child of ours who is probably getting a good dose of adrenaline/stress hormone of choice each every day... perhaps more than the estimated daily allowance... Sorry our no-named Little One. :)