Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Squeaker took about 10-12 minutes (with daddy - boy, daddy sure is great and everyone loves him) to drop off to dreamland during his morning nap. In the afternoon (with mommy), he played for 15 minutes and cried for 4. In the late afternoon, we took the boys to a great new (new to us) playground, which they loved, and got out of there just before some evening thunderstorms hit. After a quick visit from Grandma and Grandpa, who were on a road trip, squeaker topped off the day with just a 10 minute going to sleep session (with daddy - boy, daddy sure is great and everyone loves him).
Saturday, May 26, 2007
This morning, 15 minutes of pretty much the same behavior before nodding off to dreamland. Yay! Already he is figuring it out. Daddy is in charge of the pm nap and bedtime so we'll see if he continues to progress or protests that it isn't mommy and drags it out even longer. I am hoping for for the former!
Friday, May 25, 2007
By the way, the baby is now on the move. He is crawling.... slowly... but crawling. Holy cow!!!! How did he get that old already.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Mommy: Yay for me, I finished my dinner. Now I can go outside and mow the lawn.
LM: No, Mommy, you can't mow the lawn... mans mow the lawn.
Mommy: (after the laughter died down) What do you mean? Why can't I mow the lawn?
LM: Mans mow the lawn, you are a girl.
Mommy: Well, if I can't mow the lawn, what can I do?
LM: You can go outside and edger and then come inside and watch "Squeaker".
I had no idea that we have instilled such gender divisions in our house. Wow!
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
We are home and as recovered as it gets. To put and end to the suspense, the Grand Finale mentioned in my last post was indeed 'grand'. Needless to say, I won't be taking the boys on a red eye by myself again.
Here is a recap:
- The Little Man was sick on Sunday, but seemed to recover in the evening. Went to bed around 7:30pm. The Squeaker, who was healthy, decided to throw a fit, instead of going to bed.
- Woke the LM at 8:30. Put both boys in car and headed to airport.
- Ga-Mommy went through security with us, to help out... luckily... since I was flagged for extra security screening (includes a puffer machine and checking my bags, shoes and clothing for explosives) - if I was holding a child, that child would also have to be screened (as well as their belongings - we had a lot of carry-ons, so luckily I could go by myself)
- We board plane at 10:30pm. LM hasn't fallen back asleep and Squeaker took a 20 min nap on way to airport.
- beginning of flight - LM in car seat awake, uncomfortable and crying for me to hold him because he can't sleep. Squeaker asleep in my arms.
- LM has spiked a fever again and is REALLY tired. I change car seat around and swap kids.
- LM whining and complaining and for good reason - he throws up what little food he has eaten during the day. After getting cleaned up, changed clothes and settled down, he still can't sleep and watches part of Finding Nemo. Falls asleep (quite uncomfortably) in his own seat halfway through. Squeaker wakes up.
- Squeaker is tired and keeps trying to put himself back to sleep -- um, that should have said - keeps trying to scream himself to sleep. (This is 'normal', we will be working on that in a couple days, stay tuned)
- Screaming Squeaker, being seated in last row next to bathrooms and brightly lit galley wake up LM frequently, who whines and gets into a different awkward position to fall back asleep for 10 min or so at a time.
- Squeaker finally sleeps for another hour or so, uninterrupted. Mommy wishes she could have slept then. LM thrashing around, moaning and complaining.
- End of flight - LM is soooooooooooooooooo excited to see Daddy he starts crying tears of joy. "My Daddy, my Daddy, he waiting for me, my daddy is at the airport." The airplane could not have got to the gate soon enough.
- Daddy takes his comatose family home and tucks them all in bed for a 3+hour nap. yeah.
That day was shot, as we were all tired and useless. Everyone felt better Tuesday, or so I thought. On the way to playgroup, LM throws up again... so, after getting cleaned up, we turn around and head to the doctor to check ears and chest for both boys.
Today was pretty good... Squeaker is quite snotty and LM's off and on fever has not appeared since last night, and we seem to be caught up on sleep. So, now on to sleep training for Squeaker and getting healthy for both boys.
Whew, glad I got all that off my chest. I am sure that all future flights will seem uneventful after this excursion, right?!
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Here are a couple of cute shots of the little munchkins:
Friday, May 18, 2007
So, last night, the Squeaker decided to sleep the sleep mommy has wanted him to sleep... FINALLY. Then, at 4:30am, there was a crash outside my door. The Little Man (who was sleeping in Ga-Mommy's room) was up and wanted to come into my room (where the Squeaker had been blissfully asleep). The crash not only woke up Mommy, but of course, the baby. So, after he was fed (because you can't wake up at night and not be famished), I put the Squeaker in his pack-n-play, trotted the Little Man back to his room, where I found out that he had been up since 3am. (hmmm...) and then put the Squeaker back to sleep. We all slept until 7am.
My one chance at a full night's sleep... FOILED! And, Ga-Mommy quickly remembered what it was like to be up in the middle of the night -- just like old times, eh Ga-Mommy!
Monday, May 14, 2007
Friday, May 11, 2007
Thursday, May 10, 2007
-charge the battery for the DVD player ahead of time, or fly in the morning when there are cartoons playing on DirecTV. (we flew JetBlue)