Saturday, July 24, 2010

Long Blogging Hiatus=Fantastic Vacation

We are headed home today. The kids and I have been on vacation from July 4th until today. Here is a recap:

Camping near Santa Barbara
It was not exactly the sunny beach camping trip we had in mind, but it was a great trip. We packed up the minivan with camping gear and some excited children. My mom and I had 5 wonderful days of campfires, chilly days/nights, and filthy dirty dirtball children. Little Lady was not so keen on the whole sleeping at night thing (which I am attributing to teeth in the hopes that future camping trips are a delight with her). Squeaker was in his own nirvana. He was covered in dirt, played hard, rode his bike, climbed trees, and slept like the dead. Little Man was equally covered in dirt and mastered off-roading on his bike. He spent the rest of the time climbing trees. We spent very little time at the beach since it was quite chilly and that was just teasing the boys. But we took long walks, swung in the hammock and roasted marshmallows. I can't wait to camp again. Just next year, I hope to go later in the summer to ensure warm weather.

Myrtle Beach, SC
After driving back from camping, we unloaded the car and repacked with suitcases and headed to the airport with Daddy. We met his family at Myrtle Beach and had the most wonderful time. The weather was HOT, HUMID, and perfect for spending a lot of time in the water. We did a little sightseeing and a lot of visiting with Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Em and Uncle Will. It was fantastic. We were VERY VERY sad to go. And, we are all pining to go back!

Northern VA
Following our fantastic week in SC, we headed up north to VA where we let Daddy go visit his coworkers and earn some money for all our gallivanting. The kids and I got to hang out and visit our friends. We have such wonderful friends and I really wish they would all realize that they need to move to San Diego because we miss them terribly already and we haven't even left. I don't know how the kids will do living so far away as they get older, but for me, these friends are the best and I think they will always have a permanent place in my heart. As one friend said, when we are around each other, it is like we never left. Perhaps all those memories of our first-borns playing together for 3 years, nearly every week... perhaps it is that we were there sharing and helping when we needed it the most, I am not sure, but I have loved this week and I am not ready to leave here either.


All in all, we have had a great July and look forward to spending the rest of the summer at the beach and getting the kids back into a routine before school starts in a month. Oh, and LAUNDRY.

Hope you are having a great summer, too!



No comments: