Friday, June 30, 2006

Soc-errrr

Apparently the Little Man recognizes the sound of soccer being played on the television -- Poor thing... exposed to so much World Cup action! :) Upon waking from his morning nap, he perks up his ears and turns to me to say, "Soc-errrr". Ah, how cute!!! (The Germany/Argentina game was able to be heard down the hall)

Today, fortunately or unfortunately, our early morning wakening allowed Mommy some uninterrupted world cup viewing today. Two naps perfectly timed during both matches scheduled for today. Since there were other things to do, I wasn't able to watch both games in their entirety, but it was fun nonetheless.

Something that was NOT so fun, which I am almost embarrassed to share -- Mommy was outwitted by the Little Man today. After lunch, we mutually decided (as if any decision with a 20 mo old is mutual) to take a walk. Since his shoes were in the car, I ran out to grab them so we could stick to our plan. As soon as I walked out the front door, I heard the door shut and the deadbolt lock. I did not have my keys with me and apparently the Little Man is only able to "lock" the door and has not yet learned to "unlock" it. Luckily, and I mean luckily, I had my cell phone in my pocket (not sure why) and I was able to call Daddy at work and make him come home ASAP. After about 10 min of freedom and singing with mommy through the window, the Little Man decided that it wasn't so fun playing with Mommy through the glass. He started to tell me to 'help', 'open', and 'mommy, in'. :( So sad. Daddy arrived as the tears were just pouring from his beautiful eyes. Thank you Daddy!!!!!

So, we headed out to Home Depot, instead of taking our walk, to get a copy of our house key made to hide in our yard. Just in case!

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

good luck keeping the house tidy and watching the final world cup match!