Saturday, February 28, 2009

Has it been that long...

Oh dear, I really need to step up the blog posting. Well, here is a recap of our month since I have been pitiful with updating my precious little blog:

- Our trip to VA went quite well, except for the flying part. We were able to see many people, visit some old haunts, and try out new places. Some of these "new places" included the Bass Pro Shops, Kangaroo Jac's, and the worlds best Arby's. We did, however, miss seeing one of our good friends, but are glad to hear they are doing better now.

- So, about the flight... Apparently we are destined to have at least one puker on each flight. Nice, eh? Also, Squeaker, who is notorious for his sleeping difficulties, decided that he would continue the trend by not sleeping on the flight. Well, unless you consider passing out from exhaustion sleeping. He woke at 5:30 on the day of our flight (east coast time) and we arrived in San Diego at 7:30 (west coast time). I just don't think that 2 year olds are meant to be awake for 17 hours straight, or whatever it worked out to be. He did pass out as we were descending into San Diego... but was quite mad that we woke him up as we got off the plan, gathered our luggage, installed the carseat, etc. Oh, and he hasn't slept past 6:30 since we got back, so, i am guessing we are just going to write off that lost nap/sleep time.

- Squeaker hasn't stopped eating in like 15 months. I am expecting him to either explode, roll away, or grow 20 inches any day now.

- Little Man is ALWAYS tired. I am thinking sleep apnea and hopefully we will have that resolved with the removal of his tonsils and adenoids next week. Wish us luck and a quick recovery. Although, I doubt he will complain about milkshakes and smoothies for a day or so. :)

- Work is good, but quite tiring some days. I can't even move or think when I get home. I don't know if I am just not used to working or if I am not good at energy conservation, but something needs to change. Oh, and looks like it is not going to make sense for me to work in the fall, so I should enjoy my 'alone' time while it lasts. ;)

- I just bought an external hard drive for my mac, and have been transferring pictures so that I have room to download more off my camera. My computer is so full, I can't even add 1 photo, hence the lack of pics on the blog. ;) Hope to get more up soon... including a picture of my huge-mongous belly.

- Belly update: It is a girl! No name yet, but we'll be working on it. She is quite active, which is inevitable, I suppose. She is the offspring of her parents. Also, she is measuring right on target with a due date of June 30th. The ultrasound also revealed a low lying placenta, so we get to get another sneak peak in about 10 weeks. I hope that the placenta moves up - I sure would love to avoid a c-section recovery again.

That is all for now.

No comments: