Saturday, March 06, 2010

Squeaker Says

Conversation at bedtime

Me: Good night.
Squeaker: Good night. Can I have a drink of water?
Me: Why do you always ask for a drink of water?
Squeaker: Because I do.
Me: If you give me a good reason, I will get you a drink. (Thinking he'd say "Because I am thirsty")
Squeaker: (beaming) Okay, um, hmmm.. because I always ask for water.
Me: Not a good reason. Try again.
Squeaker: Hummm, because I kick off my covers.
Me: Not a good reason. Try again.
Squeaker: Because I like blanket sandwiches. (being silly)
Me: Nope. Okay, you get one more chance. If you give me a good reason, I'll get water. If you don't, I am leaving.
Squeaker: Hummm, hummm, ummm, hum. (silence) Because I love you very much.
Me: (beaming) Okay, I'll get you water.
Squeaker: (giggles)

No comments: