Saturday, September 02, 2006

Yeah rain!

Well, Ernesto brought a bunch of rain, but apparently we missed the major 'stuff''... a few strong gusts and an adequate amount of rain to water the lawn without drowning it. It was just what we could have hoped for. My inlaws apparently had more 'stuff' and there were power outages, trees down and much more rain! We will talk to them today to make sure that they are doing okay and that they didn't lose any trees at their house.

Light timer update - The Little Man went to bed without a hitch, and woke up at 6:30 -- came into our room with all of his personal belongings, ready to start the day. I would be jumping up and down right now, were it not for the fact that I am extremely tired from waking up at midnight, 1am, and 2am. I am not sure why, but I am guessing he still needs some reassurance and comfort with this transition. At midnight, the Little Man toddled into our room, with his blanket, pillow, and paci... He placed his pillow next to our bed on the floor and told us quite firmly, "Nigh-Night, pillow, mommy's room, floor". And he laid down on his pillow on the floor next to our bed, on his pillow. SO CUTE, but still, not okay. :) So, I put him back in bed. Daddy put him back in bed at 1 (with a little crying), and at 2, the Little Man woke up in tears (for the first time) just laying in his bed. I went in and lay next to him, he put his arm around me and said, "mommy, ohhh, mommy" and was happy as a clam and fell asleep. When I was sure he was out, I climbed out (quite ungracefully, if that is a word) and resumed my slumber next door. I would like to say we are making progress, but we'll have to see tomorrow!

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

This isn't really comforting me, I keep hoping she'll start sleeping soon...