Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Might be jinxing myself

So, it is naptime here in the 'crib' (heehee) and well, I just plain waited too long to put the Squeaker down and he is in there chatting up a storm. He is having a good time, but not asleep. Oh well. But this is not why I am writing this post -- I am writing because I feel the need to share our progress. Yes, I know, I might have ruined my chances for this sleeping streak to continue, but we have had 5, yes FIVE, full nights of sleep. (feel free to applaud here) Squeaker has turned a corner. Good timing - now I can show up in the pediatrician's office and tell her that, yes, my little baby is sleeping through the night without lying and not get reprimanded because he should have been doing it for months. He is such a stinker (in addition to being a squeaker) and has been making sure that we know that he wants things done his way his whole little life. Finally, we get some reprieve. We are thrilled.

On another note, if you have any monkey-themed party ideas, feel free to pass them on. Here is what we have so far: Banana splits, monkey cake (cuz you HAVE to have cake), and pin the tail on the monkey. I haven't given it much thought, but I did send out the invitations, so that is definitely a start!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my invite and I will be there in spirit. Someone eat banana split for me. I can pass on the cake. Declan's gift should be arriving in a few days.....hopefully.

Grandma West said...

I'm so glad that squeaker has decided to sleep and will pray that he will continue.
Can't help in the monkey party theme but I know it will be great.Got the Sept. pictures and love them. Talked to Grampa Cockrell and of course he is so proud of his grandsons.