Monday, February 04, 2008

Sad

The day has come when my sheltered little baby has been stripped of his innocence.  Why???  i am sure that we did our best... We made sure that he only watched Elmo, BabySongs, and Little Einsteins (well, now he watches much more, but all innocent) for so long, and we knew all his friends (all first-born's).  So why, when I give him a pretzel stick, is he making shooting noises and telling his little brother that he had one, but (since he broke it) now he has two guns?  What in the world?!?!  I was just so shocked.  I never imagined that I would have such a sad and sick feeling about it.  I mean, I was a kid, had brothers, and knew all about playing cowboys and indians, pirates or whatever... so, why is it making me so sad.  I know... because he is THREE!  He is just a wee little thing... so innocent.. and all of that is being taken away, slowly, and not by me.  

Don't get me wrong, I am not sobbing in bed every night -- and that is  mostly because I asked him what he was doing and he had no idea what guns were.  I asked him where he learned that 'fun' game... he said from his friend at school.  Ten bucks that kid has an older sibling.  So, once he figures that out, what guns really do, you will find me curled up in the fetal position in bed... sobbing.  

1 comment:

Grandma West said...

Oh dear , he is to young but he is a boy I guess and he is going to be a real one.