Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bite your tongue!

I just never learn... I mean, really... when I am going to learn to keep my mouth shut. When I posted last week our successes, I was merely trying to throw out some positive vibes. I tend to mostly post about our challenges and woes, kind of like a whine fest. So, I thought perhaps a positive post was in order. Shows what I know. Things went downhill from there. Here we are, our week, by the numbers:

Contagious diseases in our home at any one time: 4
Days off work for Daddy: 1.5
Days off work for Mommy: .5
People we infected: 3, possibly one more... we are waiting for the verdict
Trips to ER: 1
Hours of sleep over weekend: 8 (if we are lucky)
Hours of sleep last night, in particular: 3
Children up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason: 2
Tissues used: 5,649
Coughing fits: 38
Temper tantrums thrown by children in home: 18
Temper tantrums thrown by adults in home: 3
Nebeulizer treatments administered: 9
Parents exhausted: 2

Needless to say, Mommy and Daddy need a date, SOON! Hopefully the boys cooperate and stay healthy and sleep well so that we won't feel guilty for heading out on the town tomorrow night for our anniversary... of course, we may just fall asleep in the car for some peace and quiet. :)

No comments: