Monday, July 07, 2008

Monday Musings

Yes, we are back. I think we are back in the swing of things and catching up on sleep... for what that is worth since it could change daily. Anyhow, here is today's musing, brought to you by Little Man.

LM: Here Mommy, here is your pretend dinner.
Me: Ohh, yummy, what is it?
LM: Peanut butter and jelly, macaroni and cheese and strawberrries.
Me: Oh wow, that sounds yummy. I think i am going to eat that right away.
LM: And, when you finish, you can have the dessert I am making.
Me: Oooo, dessert, What is it?
LM: It is a surprise.
LM: It is strawberrry shortcake. (we are working on the 'surprise' concept, still)
Me: O KAY, yummy. num num, gobble gobble, gobble. I am done with my dinner. Can I have some strawberry shortcake now?
LM: No, you have to finish up all the yucky stuff first.
Me: What yucky stuff.
LM: Um, the vegetables and the bread. (FYI, he doesn't really think vegetables are yucky... must have picked that up at school)
Me: I didn't get any of that.
LM: Here it is. Finish this first, THEN you can have dessert.
Me: I love it when my words get shoved back at me.
LM: Yah, me too, ha ha
Me: HA HA HA HA HA

No comments: