Friday, August 11, 2006

Mommy Sleeps

After sleeping on a comfy air mattress for 2 weeks while camping, coming back to our flat, lumpy, and possibly even concave mattress was a bit difficult. Pillows do not help this situation. We would buy a new bed, but we were hoping to do that when we moved. So, we were toughing it out. After 5 nights of unrestful slumber, I had had enough. I went to the mattress store in the mall... the one with really expensive beds and accessories and the salespeople all wear pjs to work... and found a mattress pad I liked for $300. Well, a bit much for my budget, so the search continued.

After much online searching, I found that there was a 2" memory foam mattress pad that was on sale for 50% off and I had a 20% off coupon for that store somewhere in the house... woo hoo. So, that night, I went about .5 miles down the road in my search of a restful night. Well, apparently the sale is only online. So, after 2 days of waiting, I had my mattress... put it on my bed, and woke up this morning feeling quite rested (and back not achy). This was despite the early wake up call from the little man who thinks that 6:15 is an okay time to be up and around (and mommy does not). Ah, sleep at last. I am tempted to take a nap today just to use it.

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

I was so behind. You've been such a good poster lately! Glad the memory foam and the big boy bed are both working!