Sunday, November 19, 2006

Baby Wearing

I am not a die hard babywearer, and not into attachment parenting, but I do enjoy snuggling with the Squeaker and having my hands free to cook, clean, type, play with the Little Man, etc. The major problem around here is that after feeding the squeaker, he needs to remain vertical for about 30 min or so, or else he is in a bad state due to reflux. So, I whipped out the Baby Bjorn. The Little Man loved it when he was a baby, however I didn't have to chase around a toddler at that time. So, I am finding that the Baby Bjorn is not ideal. This brought about a quest for an alternative. I went online and purchased a few candidates: Moby Wrap, Hotsling, Adjustable Fleece Pouch, Maya Wrap sling, and the Ergo Carrier with infant insert. Let me just say, these things are pricey, but I am hoping that it means they work. After experimenting with them all, I still can't decide -- help! I am not keeping the Maya Wrap for sure. The Hotsling and Adjustable Fleece Pouch are pretty much the same, so I am not keeping the hotsling since it is not adjustable and daddy won't be able to use it since he is much taller than I am. That leaves the Moby Wrap, AFP, and Ergo. The Moby wrap is great and we have both used it. The squeaker loves it and it is really comfy. The Ergo is also great and handy, and although the infan insert is not so good for us, the toddler in our family LOVES riding around on Mommy's back. It is quite comfy as well and I can forsee it being quite useful. The AFP is super comfy as well, and not quite as versitile as the others, but it is more compact for sure. Hmmm.... what to do, what to do???

Here's a couple pics of Daddy test driving the Moby wrap:


1 comment:

Babywearing Sales & Consulting said...

Little squeaker is adorable! Check out http://www.the-ergo-lady.com/learn-ergo-baby-carrier.html for ideas on using it with a newborn. Did you get a DVD with it? If not, I suggest buying it separately as there is a cool technique on using the infant insert differently than the written instructions - you can see it in the photo.