Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It just didn't work out

I had it all worked out! After yesterday, I had decided we would be out most of the day today. This plan definitely started out well. We went to the Little Man's 'kayboop' (aka 'playgroup') and had a great time... until he started removing ornaments from their tree, giving the nutcrackers hi-5s, jumping on the couch, and all in all, being a full-blown 2-year old. So, we left. He barely made it into the house due to several meltdowns (tired and hungry aren't a good combo). I managed to feed him lunch and get him off to bed at warp speed. He was asleep by 12:15. At 1:20, after I was just able to eat my lunch and feed the Squeaker, I hear 'mommy, mommy, mommy' (and i really wish i was able to include an audio clip here of just how whiny it sounded) -- apparently his nap was curtailed due to filling up his diaper for the 3rd time today. I tried to get him back to sleep, which resulted in a nice, bed rail shaped mark stretching across his forehead. :( Poor guy. Needless to say, he is off to bed and I am SOOOOO glad. We'll try again tomorrow - Third times a charm, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so i guess that second nap didn't work. Sorry!