Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The storm before the calm


I am baffled by how often I miss all the signs. Without fail, I misread certain 'signs' as ' someone has replaced my 4 yo with the devil!'. These 'signs', if interpreted correctly, would all point to 'SICK'.

Yesterday, Little Man had a horrible no good verrrrry bad day (...All details have been blocked from my mind). Today, he took a nap at 8am and again at 1:30pm and has been coughing, wheezing and generally content to sit on the couch. Um, sick.

Why do I never see it coming- even though Daddy was sick, I was sick and Little Lady was sick (currently getting over it), and LM had a runny nose yesterday- I mean, all the signs were there! The good news is, he was not replaced by the devil AND he is extremely more helpful when sick (and blowing germs into his sister's face) and helped LL burp after her meal. I am glad the storm has passed and am enjoying the calm while it lasts.

2 comments:

Melissa Haworth said...

Darling photo! I am blaming Biscuit's devil mood this evening on her lingering cough/cold making her more miserable than she seems. If that's not it, I hate to think this could be a phase!

krisfun said...

I do the exact same thing! Even though the signs are always there, I write them off as something else until *surprise* they are sick the next day. When are we ever going to learn?