Monday, May 15, 2006

The Best Laid Plans

Mother's Day was wonderful. I enjoyed a leisurely morning with my hubby and the little man, off to church, then for a nice drive (in the rain and lightning, unfortunately) down south to visit my inlaws. We had lunch/dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, sooooo yummy! The only problem with the whole day was that the little man went on a hunger strike. He was a bit cranky, too, but we assumed it was from the lack of food and being cooped up in a car for several hours.

So, last night, when I vowed to go to bed early to be well rested to write my reports for work today, someone else had better plans. These plans involved a late night wakeup, drugs, a strip tease, and a bubble bath at 2am. I wish this was how it seams... but unfortunately, the little man had a REALLY high fever which we were trying frantically lower. It seems the loss of appetite and crankiness was for a reason. Poor Little Man!!!!!

The best part of all this was that I got to sleep until 8am and have had plenty of time to write my report today while the little man is asleep during his (hopefully) first nap! We are off the the doctor when he wakes up. I am sure there is nothing else we can do, but they want to check him out, apparently.

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

hope the little guy is feeling better soon!