Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Convenience is worth $4.50

This whole internet thing is great. When you have a sick and intolerant child, it is hard to get everyday things accomplished, I have discovered. :) So, I had some grocery shopping to do, but I didn't think the little man would be cooperative with that one. So, I had some options... Safeway.com (who delivers) and HarrisTeeter.com (pick up only). I first went with more the more convenient option - safeway. However, all delivery times were full until Friday. So, Harris Teeter it was. It was a wonderful shopping experience - sitting at my computer, typing in items from my list and not being distracted by inticing cookies or chocolate. The picking up part was not such a big deal as it was good to get out of the house... Besides, I had to stop by work to pick up something anyway. It was great... I drove up to the entrance and there was someone waiting for me with groceries in a cooler just inside. For $4.50, it was worth it today! Now, I have groceries (except peanut butter) and a happy (sorta) little guy.

Update on "sicky"... A virus that is running its course. We are on day 3, but things seem to be getting better. The little man is still too sick to go to daycare, so no work for Mommy!

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

glad you had such good luck with the grocery online order! i have free delivery coupon for safeway if you need it (if it's good on the east coast!)