Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What if there were no such things as cleaning ladies?

I have to admit, I feel a bit like a failure. I am not sure how my mom did it, but our house is not getting clean. I am normally a pretty neat person, but the clutter is intolerable! Not only for me, but for my neat-freak husband. We can't figure out how to get it done. There are things that take up our day - multiple nebulizer treatments a day, multiple doctor visits a week, grocery shopping, and trying to figure out how to get the squeaker to get to sleep on his own. We realize that there are plenty of things we do that don't 'need' to be done - like blog writing, uploading video to the web, running errands together on weekends, etc. But those things are fun and we want both fun and a clean house. So, I am seriously considering a cleaning lady. Daddy is not a big fan of the idea, but has lessened his opposition to the idea after he realized that our pigsty is going from bad to worse. There are many solutions to our problem, i realize, but am not sure we are ready to get rid of the little man's toys or clean every night before bed.

I think the biggest problem is that we are on round 3 of various illnesses. There are GERMS in my house and they won't leave!!!!! So, maybe a neutral 3rd party (who gets paid to do a better job than I am currently doing) is the best option???

2 comments:

Melissa Haworth said...

Yes, I think you should try out a cleaning person at least once or twice and see how it goes. Let me know. We've got our own sty going here. BTW, love the new blog design.

halfoz said...

If I lived closer you could hire me. I would work cheap and can also do lawn work. Keep the car clean, oil changes, tire rotation and light household repairs.
Sorry you are 3000 miles away.