Friday, November 09, 2007

Kids say the darndest things

So my grandma has/had this book called Kids Say the Darndest Things. There was this show with Art Linkletter, that was before my time, where they asked kids questions and just waited to hear what came out of their adorable little mouths. I think Bill Cosby did a more recent version a few years back. I think everyone should write down the things that kids say and just compile it somewhere in cyberspace for those who might just need a laugh now and then. It is great. Kids are great. And, more specifically, my kids are great! I can't wait until I have two talkers to crack me up on a constant basis.

Anyway, a recent comment made by the Little Man got me thinking about that book and I think you should all check it out if you haven't already. So, we are on our way back from IKEA... we love IKEA... and the Little Man fell asleep. As we got closer to home, he woke up and once he was no longer delirious (telling me that he did not want to play that game) he started screaming. I had no idea what the heck was going on. So, after I got him to calm down, and 'use his words', he tells me in a frantic, but really trying to be calm, voice, "My leg is breaking apart!" So, I am pretty sure he woke up before his leg did and this might have been the first time he felt that wonderful 'pins and needles' feeling... so after I stifled my laugh, I explained it to him. Of course, he didn't hear me because he was convinced he was losing his leg right then and there and he needed it to walk. Oh dear, how do you explain this to a three year old??? Anyway, I asked him later if his leg was still breaking apart and he said, "No, I stopped crying when it got put back together, silly." Oh, okay then.

1 comment:

Grandma West said...

Seems to me that I remember that book. AND KIDS DO SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS. I loved it and cant' wait to hear my greats comments.