Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Thank Goodness, we are done!


I am so happy to announce that we are done with surgeries... for the time being. It is a huge relief, but what's the best is that all went well, for both boys. Little Man was such a trooper. He was having lots of fun in his "special hospital outfit" and seeing daddy looking quite silly in his. Daddy went back into the surgery room with LM and I hear that he could not have been a better patient. When he woke up, he was talking to the nurse, telling him where his brother was and that he was the big brother. We came in and found him eating a popsicle, watching Wonder Pets. Lucky boy!!! He didn't cry and it really was the best recovery we could have asked for. He was a little confused as to why there was something that hurt on him, and why he had an IV in. :) But after we explained everything, and got past the whiney phase of the anesthesia wearing off, he was back to normal and running around with a dump truck in no time at all. I am so proud of him and how courageous he was and is. My goodness, he is only THREE... how can that be??? I am sure that these words will come back and bite me in the rear at some point, but for now, I am allowing myself to be in awe of my precious little one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I was nervous and have been checking the site all day. Good for you Little Man! I tell ya, I need to bring the two of these little troopers with me the next time I go to the doctor to keep ME brave.
-Aunt Em

Anonymous said...

Good job boys and mom and dad!!!