Sunday, December 07, 2008

Glad

I am so glad we went to get our Christmas tree yesterday. It was mid 70s, we were in t-shirts and shorts, there was no one at the tree lot (in Home Depot -- we are big spenders). It was awesome. We got the biggest tree we thought would fit in the living room... maybe 9 feet?... and it looks beautiful -- laying on the floor. The Christmas tree stand was apparently not designed to hold a tree of such grandeur. We went tonight to get a new tree stand, along with everyone else who didn't think of getting a tree yesterday. Holy cow, there were a lot of people there. I am glad we didn't have to wait to get a tree wrapped and trunk trimmed... it was a line like 25 people deep. Yikes!

And, I am also glad, and thankful, that we are living with a babysitter. Daddy and I got to go check out houses during naptime and beyond. It was great. When we got home, there were two awake and happy boys and two brand new gingerbread houses. I guess I have to get used to the idea that Christmas is not that far off.

No comments: