Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Excited Days

The holidays are fun, right? The boys are NUTS and have been bouncing off the walls. I am glad Christmas is going to be over soon. Don't get me wrong, I am soooooo very excited about tomorrow. Little Man is going to have a BLAST and Squeaker is going to run himself ragged. He has already been practicing unwrapping the gifts from under the tree. But I am done. I need it to be over so I can have some sense of normalcy around here.

Examples of why I need to be done:
90% of what came out of my mouth yesterday was negative and directed at my children's behavior. I felt terrible and awful and like I couldn't get a grip. I hate yelling at them and I hate that I can't help them calm down. I should be able to do that, right. It is part of my job(s). Ah well, going to bed at 8pm helped.

Squeaker has regressed in his napping/falling asleep abilities. Yesterday, after 2 hours, I gave up. He didn't take a nap. And, he needed one.

I have been done with my Christmas shopping for a while, but I had a few returns and decided to get out of the house while my mom did her shopping at the mall yesterday. With the boys. While we strolled around, apparently Squeaker was emptying my purse. And, leaving things places. I don't know what else I am missing, but after searching the house and car, my camera was no where to be found this morning. A few calls and amazingly someone had turned it in at Macy's. Yeah for Christmas spirit!!! So, I had to go back to the mall... on Christmas eve... with everyone else... to retrieve my camera.

Whew, that is all that comes to mind right now. I am sure there was more, but I have blocked most of it (oh yah, crayon all over the furniture and pillows today). Thank goodness for cookies!

No comments: