Thursday, October 26, 2006

Friends

Aren't friends great?

I am finding myself a bit overwhelmed at how much friendship has helped me in life... especially given recent circumstances... and have decided that I am adding that to the list of things that I will emphasize while raising our children. I had in my head that there were some important things in life to pass on to our kids: love, happiness, integrity, education, etc... and now added to that list is nurturing personal relationships. I admit that at times it is difficult to maintain friendships, but in the end, it is SOOOO worth it.

The Little Man has a wonderful friend, one that we see on a regular basis (meaning several times a week) and he adores her. I have never seen him more excited about seeing another child -- you would think he would be sick of seeing her as often as we are together -- but no, it is always exciting. He came home from his gym class today and told me that he climbed the ladder, jumped down and "Ee-ee" was there... "Ee-ee" is what he calls his friend, and this is the name she uses for herself as well. Of all the things they did in the hour, the most important things to relay to mommy were climbing, jumping and Ee-ee. I hope that his friends always rank up there in the top three.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are so cute together! I can't wait to see them dressed up for Halloween

halfoz said...

Even when you get to be an old guy friends are nice. My friend Art e-mailed this week and wanted to go out for a kyak trip. It was great seeing and old work friend. So I understand