Friday, October 20, 2006

Surprise!!!

Wow, sometimes life catches you completely off guard. I am usually quite organized, as I have been with the impending birth of our second child due November 18th... I have a schedule printed out for the Little Man, babysitters lined up, and meals prepared and to be prepared (yea for Lets Dish - if you haven't tried it, you should!). All the baby's clothes are washed in Dreft, linens cleaned, and room assembled. All we needed was to finish up some odds and ends... like the Little Man's scrapbook (off his first year - yikes, far behind), plan his birthday celebration, and have as much fun doing 2 year old outings while the weather was good and we were quite mobile...

Of course, you know how this ends - Surprise! Wednesday morning, I started having contractions... but thought nothing of it since it was a whole MONTH before I was due. So, I started some laundry and finished tidying up the house. Then decided I had better start timing the contractions. Whadaya know, 4 min apart and getting stronger. Called the doc to 'reschedule' my regular appt to earlier in the day, and sure enough, I never came home. The "Squeaker" - well, that nickname may change, but he sure does squeak a lot- was happily welcomed into the world Wednesday evening via a successful VBAC and we are now home! The Little Man loves his baby brother and checks on him quite frequently. So far so good, but I am sure now I will have a bunch of fodor for blogging. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is adorable. I'm so happy it all went so smoothly for you, if a little ahead of schedule. Love to you all!