Monday, October 09, 2006

Smarty pants

So, are kids getting smarter, or do I have low expectations. My 23mo old and I were playing blocks with Daddy. I was more of a bystander, as blocks appear to be Daddy's new favorite hobby. Anyway, Daddy and I were discussing possible names for Baby #2 (only one month to go!) and the Little Man was chatting away with Daddy. He realized he did not have Daddy's undivided attention, so this is what we heard:

"Mommy! Mommy, No talk a Daddy. ----'s turn!" Following this statement, he directed his attention to Daddy to discuss the building of the next tower... "like this, and this", he says. :) I just got a 'shut-up' from my son! If it weren't such an amazing thing to me that he could be smart enough to plan ahead that I needed to stop talking before Daddy would pay attention to him, I would be so sad.

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

try not to be offended! :) Tower building is important work for a future engineer. Loving all the fun stories, thanks!