Friday, April 24, 2009

3rd time is a charm... right

So, Squeaker has been diagnosed with strep throat for the 3rd time... in the last month... and so, obviously we are a little confused. We all got tested to see if we are carrying those nasty germs around, I cleaned all our toys, I asked at school (both boys' schools) if anyone else had it, and I have changed his toothbrush like 6 times. So, now what? What happens if he gets it again? I mean, come on, there is something going on! Is it a super-bug that just won't die with all the antibiotics, is he just resistent to all antibiotics after all his ear infections last year, is he an unusually mouthy child? What up, germs? The pediatrician suggested that he get another culture after he completes this round of drugs. And, if that comes back positive, we head to the ENT. Um, great... more tonsil troubles. I am guessing that we are going to have spent all our money from our health care spending account by the end of June. Fun tims. So, I am crossing my fingers and toes, arms and legs and hoping that third time is a charm with these germs!

No comments: