Well, after waiting for several days, we finally heard about the house. The owners provided us (and several other potential buyers) a counter offer, which we did not respond to... in essence, letting the counter offer expire. We LOVE LOVE LOVE the interior of the house. We LIKE the neighborhood. We SORTA LIKE the location. So, we decided that since we can't change the latter two items, we should just wait and hope that we don't kick ourselves 5 months from now and wish that we had accepted their counter. Apparently, many people loved this house as well and after receiving 15+ offers, they countered on more than one. I didn't even know you could do that... I guess you can. Hmmm... some 'buyer's market' we are in. Anyhow, it was a great house but we don't regret our decision... yet. Everyone cross your fingers we find something even better. pleeeaaaassseeee!
Also, sick Squeaker makes for more fun times in the house, and I am hoping that we get at least a partial night's sleep, since we didn't even get that last night. He is not a good sickie. And, I hope that he gets well ASAP as I am a nutty girl and am leaving Saturday with the boys to drive up to Sacramento to visit my best friend and her family. So, tonight's decision may be whether or not it is a good idea to stay up with a sick child or get enough sleep to make it through the next week and a half in a somewhat sane state. I am thinking Daddy gets midnight detail tonight. :) Hey, I am pregnant!