Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The "How much do I want to work" dilemma

Working one day a week has proven to be just enough to throw a wrench in the week. I spend half the day catching up and getting into a "groove" (or whatever it is that makes me not feel flustered). Then the school day is over at 2. It really isn't working for me. And I greatly dislike bringing my work home with me since I would much rather devote all my attention to my busy little ones at home. So, I decided I either needed to work more or less. (less = not at all). I decided that the extra money is nice, and I like what I do, so more work it is. Now that LL is getting bigger, I feel more comfortable leaving her in someone else's care. So, the search for daycare for an infant returns... wish me luck. Once I find that, I need to decide how much I want to work.

What I would love is to work full time and be at home full time... uh, that is not happening unless I clone myself and the technology just isn't there yet (although someone can dispute this, I am sure). So, do I work 2 days a week? 3 mornings a week? or what?

No comments: