Saturday, October 17, 2009

What to do for our Wild Things....

So, should we see the movie or not??? My source tells me that it might be a bit scary and difficult to follow for my boys. I read some reviews and saw more about the "scary" parts and it seems that it may indeed be a tad scary... especially for our Little Man. I am not quite sure I want to forgo the movie however, because it talks about being angry and frustrated and that is EXACTLY what we are dealing with at home! It might be a great teaching tool. Or maybe I want to see it enough that I am willing to scare my kids??? The movie is part of our birthday celebration for Squeaker. I don't think he'll get scared. He does quite well with scary things... at least, much better than his brother*. If you have seen it, and read this before we go tomorrow morning and want to talk me out of it, now is your chance!

*examples of "scary" movies for LM: Tale of Despereaux, Great Mouse Detective, Land Before Time, Toy Story 2, Lion King, Snow White, Sled Dogs... "scary" most often means "nervous" and he doesn't handle "nervous" well.

No comments: